The Dimond Family

Monday

Ouch.

Body Pump Training! I finally stepped out a little further onto the ledge that is barely holding me up as it is, and attended Body Pump training. Despite the anxiety of learning two tracks in a very short amount of time (when it takes me at least an entire month to learn 13 BodyStep tracks) I had the best time! I love spending an entire weekend devoted to all things exercise. Being the exer-freak that I am, I actually wished there was a little more sweating involved. I mean there was pllllenty of strength training throughout, but I was yearning for some good exhausting cardio. I was even so foolish as to admit this to another trainee, who shot daggers at me with his eyes and muttered curse words under his breath....but by Saturday night I was moving verrrry slowly. The "challenge" on Saturday afternoon, where they load you up with more weight than you'd ever ever ever consider pretending to lift, is most likely what did it. I was giggling so much trying to lift 6 big plates over my head, I'm fortunate I didn't break anything.

We had a very small and intimate group of trainees and I enjoyed getting to know the different personalities and watching it all play out like a movie. Interesting and funny and dramatic. And sometimes scary.

Anyway, the next step is my video and so far I have made ZERO progress with learning the rest of the release. I just don't feel like it.






No comments:

Music