The Dimond Family

Saturday

Skateboarding, Sparring and Screwing

The literal kind of screwing! For those of you whose minds are in the gutter. Royal's big request this year was a skateboard, and Nicky's was the Real Wood Construction kit. They were most excited about their new sparring gear too and couldn't wait to put it on and go at each other. I cringe only slightly less when they are fully padded.

On Christmas Eve, we took the metro downtown to 'our nation's Capital', as my Dad calls it. We wanted to check out the Christmas tree and The White House. It was pretty fun and not too chilly but the most exciting part for the boys was the metro ride. The metro makes me think of when I was in my early twenties and child-less, bouncing from metro stop to metro stop, praying that I could hold my bladder till the next bar. I look forward to associating the metro with more pleasant thoughts. Which brings me to my next item to share!

On our way home, we decided we should start a new Dimond Family tradition. Or rather, we are taking a Byrd Family tradition and putting our own little twist on it. When I was a kid, my parents used to take us for chinese food after Christmas Eve mass. Then my brothers and I hunted around the house for one gift which had been previously hidden. The gift was always a movie, which we then watched. I feel guilty to this day about a certain year when I lent a stupid friend the Batman movie that my parents gave us (and that my brother Ryan loved) and never got it back.

Back to our new tradition, next year we will go downtown to see the tree, and then metro to Chinatown for dinner. Hopefully we can keep it up in order to call it a tradition.


Don't be alarmed, the tools and wood are not real, I would never give big Royal a saw in the vicinity of our children.







No comments:

Music