The Dimond Family

Tuesday

Pre K Graduation














The ceremony was adorable and just a little emotional. I was pretty impressed with myself for not getting too worked up. Nicky was doing me a favor and being a pill which was a welcome distraction actually.
Afterward, the parents presented Ms Katherine with her gifts. She was appreciative and very teary. She's been an amazing influence on Royal's life this past year and I can't imagine a school year ever topping this one. Still though, I was surprised at Royal's attachment to Ms Katherine.
We went to Red Robin for dinner after graduation and Royal asked tons of questions about her and when, how and where we would see her again. At one point during dinner, I looked over and he was crying. After a bunch of questions from me, he finally admitted that he was sad and going to miss Ms Katherine. Of course this automatically opened my own flood gates so there the two of us sat, among the lively diners and Red Robin, crying our little eyes out. I squeezed him with all my might, probably causing some discomfort and labored breathing, and didn't ever want to let go. I wanted to take all the pain and sadness away for him. I was thinking about all the times in my life where stuff has ended and I felt sadness and loss and heartache. It's so hard to move on with life sometimes. This is preschool for crying out loud. I was not ready for him to experience this kind of mature emotion. But nevertheless he was feeling it, whether I was prepared for it or not. So this is when I hope and pray for strength and wisdom. I feel so incompetent sometimes. Sigh......






2 comments:

Deb said...

So, I am hoping that Royal didn't assume that little Royal could have a sip of that GINORMOUS lager! I could totally see him saying "Royal, you're in the big boys club now, drink up!"

Grampa and Gramma D said...

Thanks for sharing Woob's graduation! Wish we could have been there! I can understand why his teacher loved him - he's just so lovable! We miss you all!!

Music