The Dimond Family
Sunday
Kung Fu *(&%$@# Panda
I had no idea what I was doing to myself when I suggested Kung Fu Panda as a gift idea for Royal and Nicolas for Christmas. Seems like a good idea right? Royal wants to Kung Fu EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. It has opened up a whole new realm in my parenting world. My instincts are to squash all karate efforts as quickly as possible. However my husband Royal insists that this is completely necessary "boy play" and I am doing more harm than good by constantly trying to stop it. So I decided I would tell him he can only kung fu daddy. Then I felt guilty because he has to wait all day to practice his new found love of slicing and dicing things up so I attempted to participate myself. After a bloody and fat lip I gave up on that idea. I'm not cut out for Kung Fu. So back to daddy only. But this is no good according to daddy either. He says he should be able to kung fu with his friends because again it's part of being a boy. Well when he has friends over it just gets so complicated! What are the freaking rules? Only fight if the other party is willing and able? When one person is distracted by a toy or a potty break is all fighting in time-out mode? What is fair play? And when their mom comes to get them and sees them beating each other up, can I just run out the back door? And don't even get me started on what to tell him when he goes to someone else's house. Do you see what I mean???? To Kung Fu or not to Fu.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yes, the art of kung fu. I think I'd go with the fact that the panda is mostly interested in getting food, not fighting everyone and everything in sight. Fortunately Taylor didn't catch on to the Kung Fu spirit and I didn't even take Titus. I can totally see Royal sticking up for Woobs and getting a fighting advantage this early in life.
This is the husband Royal:
Ok, first of all Kung Fu Panda is actually a really good kids movie (good moral, story, funny, etc.) and gift. Secondly, let me defend my reasoning - anyone that knows Royal, knows he has always been very laid back and when other kids are a bit more aggressive he tends to shy away - so lately he's actually been standing up for himself a bit more. Please rest assured everyone that I've instructed and trained him in the ancient art and philosophy of Kung Fu very well - never ever start a Kung Fu Panda Fight, but always finish it:)
P.S. Honey, all kids know that a potty break constitutes a Kung Fu timeout...
Post a Comment