The Dimond Family

Thursday

I thought Fall was my favorite season.

I feel compelled to write because I am saaaad that Fall is here already. Royal always gets depressed when the days get shorter and it starts getting dark outside earlier. I used to get mad at him when he would complain about it because I thought that was a stupid reason to be depressed. I always looked forward to Fall because it's cooler and my hair looks better because the humidity is gone. I can buy/wear new clothes, and there is so much yummy food to eat in the Fall. Apple pie, pumpkin pie, turkey (well the skin is what thrills me really), apple cider, sweet potato casserole, cranberries....I could go on and on. Anyway the point of this little tirade is that I am saaaaad that it is getting cold outside and we can't hang out with our friends outside. It is dark in the morning and dark at night and everything just feels ickier. We will start to hurry inside all the time instead of chatting with buddies and hanging out outside. We will take 30 extra minutes to get out the door because we will have to locate gloves, hats, coats, boots etc. Once located, we will have to argue with children to wear them. Only to have them rip them off the second they get in the car. Which is where we will go to find them the next time. And another thing, has anyone ever noticed that there is NOTHING free and fun to do with kids INSIDE? I think Virginia summers have finally won me over. After 10 years of living here.

I feel a teeny bit better.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I know what you mean about the coats and boots..I love summer for the easiness of flipflops, t-shirts and shorts...
See in this post you made fall sound pretty darn good. Pumpkin pie yummy! I love to make pumpkin bread.
We will just have to make fall fun. Pumpkin farms here we come!

Jessie said...

Okay my post wasn't suppose to make you feel crapy about yours!!
Your got me thinking....if I don't look forward to stuff (pumpkin farms, and bread) I will get depressed.
We will just have to plan lots of fun adventures.
See you in the am...

Music