I'm always saying I need to write stuff down when the boys say amusing things. Royal is always saying really wise things. Not smart ass, but truly wise and insightful. I'm not sure he knows he is wise and insightful when he says them. And Nicky is just funny cuz he's still in that phase where he says things the way they sound to him, but doesn't quite get it right. So I'm going to try to keep an ongoing blog post.
NICOLAS
Some of Nicky's most darling phrases that I don't want him to learn how to say correctly because it's soooo cute: "Madult" is "an adult"
"belcle" is "velcro"
Instead of shaking my head, I "wag my head".
"schweaty" is "sweaty"
he's not just thirsty, it is a "drink emergency".
Instead of smoking, a person "takes smoke". As in cigarettes.
St. Patrick's Day is "Great Patrick's Day"
Washington, DC is called "George Washington, DC"
"schweaty" is "sweaty"
he's not just thirsty, it is a "drink emergency".
Instead of smoking, a person "takes smoke". As in cigarettes.
St. Patrick's Day is "Great Patrick's Day"
Washington, DC is called "George Washington, DC"
..................................................................................................................
A recent conversation taking place on a walk on the bike trail:
Nicolas: "Guys, I have a bitch."
Us: "You have a WHAT?"
Nicolas: "A BITCH!"
Us: "Where is your bitch?"
Nicolas: "Right here." (points to side of belly)
Us: "Ohhhhhh, you have a STITCH!"
"My pants are a disaster."
........................................................................................................................
Daddy: "Nicolas, I seriously worry about your brain sometimes."
Nicolas: "You don't have to worry, there's NOTHING in it!"
........................................................................................................................
Upon entering the house after a muddy soccer practice: "My pants are a disaster."
........................................................................................................................
Daddy: "Nicolas, I seriously worry about your brain sometimes."
Nicolas: "You don't have to worry, there's NOTHING in it!"
ROYAL
After my grumbling about my tummy feeling yucky, Royal said it's because I ate too much last night. I think my tummy felt yucky for other reasons, but to say that I ate too much the previous night is pretty much always an accurate statement. What's funny is that he is never awake for my mad twilight binges.
...........................................................................................................................
Royal is an amazing older brother. He has his moments where he is clearly antagonizing Nicolas for the sheer enjoyment of watching Nicolas unravel at alarming speed. But sometimes he amazes me with his maturity and kindness. Example:
Me: "Royal, how do you spell 'monkey'?"
Nicolas: "I know how to spell monkey. It's N-A-C-O-L-T-S"
Royal: "Hmmm. Well, I would spell it like M-O-N-K-E-Y"
Nicolas: "NOOOOOO, that is NOT how you spell it!!!!!
Royal says nothing and continues working on his math homework. Nicolas spends another 6 or 8 minutes demanding his expert knowledge of spelling even though no one is disputing his accuracy.
...........................................................................................
Feb 2, 2012 - Some updates on Nicolas
Yesterday I was getting dressed and Nicky asked me to turn around so he could see if the jeans I was wearing made my butt look fat. Uh oh.
When in NY for the Byrd family Christmas celebration, My mom was telling us that Marvin, their new puppy would be going to obedience school that week. Nicolas asked my Mom if Marvin's teacher would be a person or a dog. Might just be the cutest thing he's ever said!
While driving in the car one day:
Nicolas: "Mama, how do you get a wife?"
Me: "Uh, well you meet someone someday that you want to spend the rest of your life with and then you ask her to marry you."
I quickly follow up with: "However there is no rush and sometimes you can be perfectly content on your own. It's very important to wait until you find the right person. It's ok to be on your own until you find that person. Like Uncle Ryan and Uncle Ian. They're just wisely waiting until the right one comes along."
Nicolas: "Welll, what if that person already died?"
Me:
...........................................................................................................................
Royal is an amazing older brother. He has his moments where he is clearly antagonizing Nicolas for the sheer enjoyment of watching Nicolas unravel at alarming speed. But sometimes he amazes me with his maturity and kindness. Example:
Me: "Royal, how do you spell 'monkey'?"
Nicolas: "I know how to spell monkey. It's N-A-C-O-L-T-S"
Royal: "Hmmm. Well, I would spell it like M-O-N-K-E-Y"
Nicolas: "NOOOOOO, that is NOT how you spell it!!!!!
Royal says nothing and continues working on his math homework. Nicolas spends another 6 or 8 minutes demanding his expert knowledge of spelling even though no one is disputing his accuracy.
...........................................................................................
Feb 2, 2012 - Some updates on Nicolas
Yesterday I was getting dressed and Nicky asked me to turn around so he could see if the jeans I was wearing made my butt look fat. Uh oh.
When in NY for the Byrd family Christmas celebration, My mom was telling us that Marvin, their new puppy would be going to obedience school that week. Nicolas asked my Mom if Marvin's teacher would be a person or a dog. Might just be the cutest thing he's ever said!
While driving in the car one day:
Nicolas: "Mama, how do you get a wife?"
Me: "Uh, well you meet someone someday that you want to spend the rest of your life with and then you ask her to marry you."
I quickly follow up with: "However there is no rush and sometimes you can be perfectly content on your own. It's very important to wait until you find the right person. It's ok to be on your own until you find that person. Like Uncle Ryan and Uncle Ian. They're just wisely waiting until the right one comes along."
Nicolas: "Welll, what if that person already died?"
Me:



2 comments:
Don't forget Nicolas's 'schweaty' and 'drink emergency'.
the glory in the pool hurts my eyes.
they cut the cake with a celery sword.
Post a Comment