The Dimond Family

Wednesday

Bad Mood!


Just some random thoughts today....

Ya know how sometimes you are just in a bad mood? For no good reason. Even on a good mood day, there are some things that really annoy me. And if I happen to be experiencing one of these irritants at the exact moment that someone asks me a question, I tend to respond a bit irrationally.

Example: "Mama can I please have some celery?" To which I respond, "whyyyy  must you always be asking for food? For crying out loud, you just ate yesterday! And all you ever eat is junk food! Did you put your shoes away? PUT YOUR SHOES AWAY!"

Some of the above mentioned stuff that makes me instantly irritated:

Unloading the dishwasher. Stuff just does not get clean. I am lazy. Rather than pull the glass out and wash it by hand, I just keep running it through the dishwasher over and over. There's a glass that's been in there since September. And the entire kitchen gets wet when unloading the dishwasher. Water flings everywhere and we know what happens when youknowho steps in a puddle of water.....

Going along with the dishwasher thing, why is it that the dishwasher is only unloaded by me? Simply putting soap in the dishwasher and running it is NOT DOING THE DISHES. What you just did there was in fact avoiding doing the dishes. Rather than deal with the dishes, you told yourself the dishwasher was full and needed to be run, so therefore you are off the hook. Be honest about the fact that you had zero intention of unloading that dishwasher when the cycle was complete.

More on the kitchen. (alright so perhaps another day for the rest of the little irritants because the dishwasher has provided me with more material than I originally anticipated). Why is it that no one else is able to see the blobs of bright red pasta sauce? Do I have super sensory vision and I'm unaware of it? If so then the optometrists have been making a killing off of me since the first grade.

I'm pretty sure that in the mind of my significant other, this can all be neatly tied up with the whole "you have your roles, I have mine" policy. Now there's a topic to blog about. If we've been friends or family for a while, you've heard this phrase mentioned from me before. Not that I complain about it ever.....

*Disclaimer: I am fortunate that the roles that my husband takes on are completed in a timely and consistent manner and I appreciate that he contributes positively to this family financially, parentally, and spousally.

**Disclaimer for the disclaimer:  Parentally and spousally I know are not actually words but they should be. Am I supposed to restructure that whole sentence to find actual words when those two should be perfectly acceptable?

3 comments:

Jessie said...

You make me laugh Carmen and I had a glass in my dishwasher for a month too...same thing...finally just threw it away! Ha! Love you!

DJ said...

This totally made me laugh b/c I recently had a similar "discussion" with Brett..."doing" laundry is not just putting clothes in the washer and leaving them there for me to put in the dryer and then fold/put away. Sheesh!! :o)-

Anonymous said...

Hey Carmen,

I love it! We all have crazy days like this don't we! By the way. I wanted to send a christmas card your way but I can't find your address. When you have a second can you send it my way please. Thanks Ami

Music