The Dimond Family

Sunday

Nicolas's 5th Birthday!









 










I came to Nicky's room on the morning of his birthday with the camera. Upon waking, he said "Look Mama! My leg is bigger now!"

 

Nicky's birthday! The celebration went on and on. And on. At his request, we took him mini golfing the Saturday before. Nina and Uncle Ryan were visiting, and Brett, Dara and Cole joined us too. It was a gorgeous day and definitely more fun, and less tears than our first trip to Woody's. They were ready for the spraying Crocodile this time. And I personally had waaaay more fun than I've ever had mini golfing. I got to hold Cole! Poor Dara was probably like ummmmm, can you please give me back my baby???

Nicky's birthday was Monday, the 4th. We had planned to have lunch in the park with friends but it was cold, rainy and windy. So we postponed the party and Royal and I took him to Red Robin for lunch. I had to talk him in to going without his brother. He was troubled at the idea of lunch with Mommy and Daddy, but not Royal. He got over it.

So then later that night we made pizza (Nicky loves to make pizza) and opened a couple presents. He wanted an alarm clock for his room which made me giggle. And an umbrella. And a globe. Not a sno-globe, an actual globe of the earth. He cracks me up.

Eventually we made it to the park and celebrated with buddies. It was a beautiful day! We had pizza and chocolate chip cookies and played in the sunshine, which has been scarce for most of this week.

As I type, Royal, Nicky and I are laying on the living room floor with bellies full of pizza, popcorn, ice cream and chocolate chip cookies, watching Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. I need to roll on to my back because the intense pressure of my full belly is restricting my breathing.....

Anyway it has been a fun-filled week! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for your perfectly timed birthday present and awesome birthday balloons! Thank you all who participated in the celebrations of NICOLAS. Thank you all for loving him as much as we do. Not easy sometimes, but he leaves us no choice :)



No comments:

Music