The Lucketts Fair
In an effort to keep busy (sane), the boys and I donned our straw hats and plaid shirts and hit the Lucketts Fair. It was HOT but a pretty nice lil' fair! There was a rock climbing wall, a horse drawn hay ride (okay, not so much a hay ride as a saunter around a dirt circle 3 times, but the massive piles of poo emitted randomly by the giant horses were very entertaining for the boys, and also smelly), a moon bounce, and rain tent. Royal enjoyed homemade ice cream and the boys got their bow and arrow which they've been wanting since Strawberry Festival in June. Royal was bummed that no friends were there to hang with and I can't believe that is starting already. Always wanting to be with friends and never content to hang with your boring family. I mean he's only 7! And he's a BOY!
Getting back on track, Nicolas as usual is just a machine when it comes to new things. He was up for anything. When asked "do you wanna...?" his answer is always yes. So, when a very large farmer in some very large overalls asked if we wanted to participate in the rooster crowing contest, Nicolas of course said SURE! So up he marched on to the stage in front of a live audience. A live audience! The farmer handed him a chicken-microphone and told him to try to get the rooster to crow. Without hesitation, he picked up that chicken head microphone and said "cock-a-doodle-do". The fluffy little rooster just walked around his cage rudely saying nothing. So Nicky tried again. That dang rooster still said nothing. I whispered to Nicky to say it like a rooster sounds. Ya know, ar ar ar a arrrr....or something. I know what you're thinking, a stage mom and I don't even have girls. He looked over at me and then back to the crowd and said "cock-a-doodle-do". The farmer chuckled and told Nicolas that perhaps mom knows best and maybe he should try it like Mama suggested. So after a short consideration, Nicky belted out his best rooster impression and off went the rooster. He kept going on and on and the crowd cheered for Nicky and that stubborn stinker-rooster. I was very proud. Royal stood off to the side as apparently he performs best at home and feels most comfortable singing Taylor Swift or the Black Eyed Peas.
This picture terrifies me.....
Why can a photo not be taken without the tongue out and the finger thing?







No comments:
Post a Comment