The Dimond Family

Tuesday

Mother's Day 2010


Mother's Day was super awesome. It started off beautifully with coffee, frosted mini wheats, magazines (new crossword!!), laptop and phone. All in bed! The boys gave me lovely handmade presents to be cherished forever. Royal painted a portrait of me and also made an "All About My Mother" list.

Here are some interesting facts about my Mom...
My Mom is very nice.
Her favorite food is salad.
She likes to drink soda.
My Mom's favorite color is red.
My Mom thinks that I'm a good boy.
She looks prettiest when she wears her favorite dress.
My Mom would love to go to Target.
She makes me laugh when I am funny.
Her favorite animal is a gorilla.
She wants me to be a teacher when I grow up.
My mom loves me because I am a special boy.

Then came Nick's artwork:

In case you can't quite read the "Here's why:" part of the certificate above, it says:

"because she likes to dance. She makes the best yogurt. She doesn't know how to play Star Wars but I still love her a thousand times."

Funny how mommy's don't know how to put batteries in stuff, play PS2, basketball, football or even sometimes they forget how to play Red Light, Green Light. Good thing for Daddy. He knows soooo much stuff!!!

Last but not least a poem from the 3 boys:



It's a darling little poem but the last line is the one that really got me choked up.....

"...Fly safe and have fun in MIAMI"

So I had asked Royal about the remote possibility of going to a Spinning conference in Miami in June. I was pretty much throwing it out there with confidence that this proposal would be declined. His response was rather non-committal but I still wasn't taking that for an affirmative, which was okay because as I said, I knew it was a far-out possibility.
So yipppeeeee, I'm off to Miameeeee!

After lounging in bed with all my goodies, alternating between Horton Hears a Who and Bridewars on the tele, we drove to Eastern Market in DC which was super fun. Little Royal kept calling it our adventure. We walked around the flea market and then the food and art vendors. Little Royal seemed obsessed with eating everything. Sadly it became apparent that he could be afflicted with his mom's plaguing fascination with all things edible. Hopefully he inherited a fast metabolism as well.



In between all that splendid fun, I did transfer the boys' clothes and organize their closets. No Mother's Day is free of some sort of motherly task. :) I know there are days that I'm so frustrated, irritated and grouchy, but even then nothing beats being their Mommy. I wouldn't change a thing. Well..maybe just...NEVERMIND! I wouldn't change a thing.

1 comment:

nancy g. said...

that sounds like an AWESOME Mother's Day. So exciting you're going to Miami!

Music