The Dimond Family

Wednesday

First Blizzard of 2010, yes FIRST, as in there was a second and if there is a third we are packin' up....









Not only did I never think I would be speaking of a blizzard in Northern Virginia, I definitely never planned on there being more than one in the same week. I'm not amused, tickled or anything of the sort by this wretched 3rd huge snow fall of the winter. The only plus is that Royal is home this time and tackling the detested snow like a warrior. He's actually kind of entertaining. He stands at the back window for several minutes, then wanders over to the front side of the house and stares out that way. He's like a kitty cat, except that on the way back to the back window, he stops at the tv and checks out the weather channel. All the while carrying his droid for any second-by-second updates that might pop in. He analyzes and processes the best possible plan of attack. He rigged up the back door so the snow wouldn't fall in when it's opened. He tarped the cars so he wouldn't have the dig them out a second time. He's incredulous and amazed and tirelessly interested. I on the other hand would like to stick my head in the SNOW and pretend it is not happening. :( What a spirit dampener I am.
I was willing to tolerate it at first, even trying to put a positive spin on it. It's only a couple of days and then we will be back to our regularly scheduled program, and we can have fun family time and play games and organize stuff and clean.
40+ inches later, I'm just plain ANGRY.


No comments:

Music