The Dimond Family

Monday

Long time, no post.....

Christmas Program at Open Arms




Marney, the newest addition.




The huge mound of presents made our dying tree look even more pitiful.





Marney snuggles right in to your neck when you hold her. She thinks she's a human baby.




Mom got a laptop and mouse for Christmas. Time for an email account!





It's been a loooong time since I've posted, and I'm sure you've all been on the edge of your seats..... So here's some Christmas pics!
The whole Byrd family (dogs included, only the cat and bird left behind) came to VA for Christmas, what a treat! We had a veeeerrry lazy day and as official hostess, I made the executive decision that we would eat appetizer food all day and skip the fancy Christmas dinner. I mean really, isn't that your favorite part anyway, the dips and chips and fat-laden snacky stuff? We all opened some fantastic gifts! The boys each got a real camera from Nina and Poppy, which I was thrilled about since you have to have 3 hands and 23 fingers to operate ours which has been broken since 1984. It is worth mentioning that my mom made little name labels for their cameras and a couple of other identical gifts so that there would never be any tears or drama with figuring out whose is whose. What a spectacular and conscientious Nina! They don't call her Riverview Manor 2009 Employee of the Year for nothin'!
We also got a PC camera so we can Skype with them! Thanks Dad!! We planned to hold Sunday morning Skype sessions but so far we've only had one. Gonna work on that though. And oddly, our coffee machine croaked out it's final drop off coffee on Christmas Eve morning, and my Dad also got us a coffee machine! He had no idea ours was on it's last leg. How crazy is that?? Dads rock.
Royal wrote me a poem that was so lovely and tear-jerking it will probably keep him out of trouble for the next decade or so. (shhhhh, don't let on that you know anything about his loving, charming, thoughtful, sensitive side, OR the part about it keeping him out of trouble).
Well I've more than made up for lost time with this last post. More to come when I get some pics from the Byrd and Dimond Christmases! You can hardly wait, I know.

1 comment:

Royal&Paula said...

Is this poem shareable? Now there's a word....would love to see his literary talent...love your posts...

Music