The Dimond Family

Sunday

Royal's Birthday Celebration











Freeze dance? Not so much....















Royal's birthday party was a smashing success! We partied up at the pavilion and park area at the entrance to our development. The kids seemed to enjoy themselves despite the heat and humidity. They were red faced and sweaty but pretty happy! We tried to incorporate Royal's favorite things into his party. Dancing, running, pizza, frosted sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and friends and family! We will try to include popcorn and potato chips on his actual birthday. Deb, Jason, Taylor, Titus and Isaac came and stayed overnight which was a super treat. Royal and Nicolas both LOVE visiting with their cousins and Aunt Deb and Uncle Jason. Uncle Jason is a real highlight for Nick right now. Much to Jason's extreme delight, I'm sure. How he maintains a pleasant demeanor while being under constant physical attack, I'll never know. Probably some sort of mantra similar to "it's almost over, almost time to go, just a few more hours...." And thank you Deb for taking the party pictures! Always thinking of others and anticipating the needs of everyone around her. I am feeling so thankful today for good friends and family who put other people ahead of themselves, something I definitely struggle with. And probably not enough since I never seem to improve in that area. See, this blog is supposed to be about Royal's birthday and I'm going off about me......
ANYWAY, Royal will be 6 on Thursday, August 6th. When I think of how fast 6 years has gone by, a sick and panicky and enormously sad feeling comes over me. It's supposed to be happy but I can't help but feel sad. Which is very annoying.
For those of you who were unable to attend Royal's party, we missed you tons for sure. And to everyone who did attend, thank you for making it a fabulously fun time. Love you all to bits.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

What is Jason doing looking straight up in the background of the picture? Very funny.

Music